Components of the apparatus
- UV source - helium lamp (UVS-300 Specs, Germany),
- 5-axis sample manipulator (Specs, Germany),
- hemispherical electron energy analyser with MCP - multichannel plate detector (Phoibos 150 Specs, Germany),
- Mott spin detector (Specs).
- electron gun (homemade S&NP UMCS),
- fluorescent screen and CCD camera (12 bits).
- effusion cells with:
- Si source (sublimating),
- resistive heating of silicon sample up to 1200 °C,
- e-beam heating up to 800 °C,
- liquid nitrogen and liquid helium cooling down to 130 K and 20 K respectively,
- quartz microbalance,
- Auger electron spectroscopy - AES.
Read more about ARPES
presentation prepared by M. Jałochowski