Components of the apparatus
Scanning tunnelling microscope - Omicron VT-STM
- electronics - Omicron Matrix,
- possibility of STM measurements at 30 K (LHe) up to over 750 K,
- tungsten electrochemically etched tips.
- homemade (S&NP) electron gun,
- fluorescent screen with CMOS camera (14-bit).
- effusion cell with materials:
- resistive heating of semiconducting samples up to 1500 K,
- possibility of Pb and In deposition at 30 K,
- possibility of Pb, Au, Bi and Sb deposition at elevated substrate temperature with simultaneous observation of RHEED pattern,
- quartz microbalance.
More about STM
presentation prepared by M. Jałochowski